About the Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to help individuals from the road safety sector who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference. Ideally, this scholarship will help the recipient to gather and apply new knowledge in their own workplaces and/or communities to improve road safety outcomes. The scholarship also gives the recipient an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues to share knowledge and form lasting connections and networks in the interests of road safety in South Australia.
The successful recipient of the virtual registration will:
- Be an individual based in South Australia
- Have a demonstrated and ongoing interest in road safety, through employment, research, or study
- Be required to attend all three days of the conference
- Be required to provide a written report to the ACRS (SA chapter) within two weeks of the conference concluding.
How do I apply?
Please complete the form here, which will ask you to address the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this scholarship?
- How will your attendance at the conference strengthen your current or future practice in South Australia’s road safety sector?
- Other than your written report, how else will you share what you learned at the conference with your peers and colleagues?
Please also attach any evidence to support your application
When do applications close?
Applications close on August 8. The successful applicant will be notified within 7 days of the closing date.
How will my application be assessed?
Applications that meet the eligibility criteria will be assessed by a panel comprising the Chief Executive Officer of the Australasian College of Road Safety and two members of the committee of the Australasian College of Road Safety (SA Chapter).
All decisions are final, and the judging panel will not engage in any further correspondence regarding the outcome of applications.
Only one registration will be awarded to the successful applicant and no additional costs to attend the conference will be covered.
If you have already registered for the conference, then a refund will be arranged.
If you are already a member of the ACRS, then your membership will be extended for a further 12-months.